One day this summer, while I was serving lunch to my guys, I realized that they are leaving me. Each day is one day closer to their being gone.
While some days this might be cause to rejoice, I was filled with overwhelming sadness as I caught a glimpse of how fleeting this time together is. It is impossible to imagine a time when they don't need me...for....Everything. But I know it is coming. And somehow it seems cruel of each of them to make me dependent on them while they slowly become less dependent on me. And it is kind of insulting that they would let me get this attached only for them to go off and start their own lives apart from me.
So I am just going on record, right now, that I don't like it! And, if it can cause me to cry while we are still 10 years out, I would stay clear of emotional me when the time actually comes!

1 comment:
Yes to this; I'm completely with you. We have a family in our small group whose daughter leaves for college on Friday, and hearing them talk about her imminent departure this past weekend brought up the these same emotions for me!
Post a Comment