Marcia is typically the author of this blog but I'm taking the liberty to relay a most unfortunate incident in a recent backyard whiffle ball game. Marcus and I (Orioles) were staging a furious rally in the 9th inning against Zach and Eli (Cubs). I hit a ball in the gap and made a turn toward 2nd when unbeknownst to me, Zach darted in the base path and I proceeded to flatten him and coast into 2nd for a stand up double. While Zach writhed on the ground, Eli made a dramatic protest and hurt me in the worst way he possibly could. "You're A-Rod now," shouted Eli, fighting back a mix of tears and righteous indignation. "And you did it to your own kid!"You cut me deep, Eli. You cut me real deep. For those wondering, the Cubs won the game in the 10th inning, 7-6.

1 comment:
You ought to be ashamed of yourself. -- Jason Varitek
Post a Comment