Way back over Labor Day weekend, we went 'camping' with some friends in Western Maryland. Our intended camping trip ended up being more like staying in a lovely mountain house, complete with a kitchen, hot showers and real beds! We did mix up our posh setting with a little hiking and swimming in Deep Creek Lake. The entire weekend was wonderful but a major highlight among the adults and kids was the atvs that the owners left for our use. With plenty of fields and forest trails we all really enjoyed taking them out for speed or for exploring. Zach ended up being a little speed demon and kept trying to go faster--a major shift in his personality!During the drive home, Marcus made an innocuous request at one point, but I was unable to fulfill it in an appropriate three-year-old timeframe. He became increasingly agitated and was repeatedly asking for the same thing over. And over. And over again. As you can imagine I was also becoming increasingly agitated in direct proportion to his impatience. Finally, with plenty of pent up frustration, I said, "Marcus!..." To which he immediately chimed in, "I know, I know! Chill out!"




No comments:
Post a Comment