Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Someplace fun

Zach goes to preschool three mornings a week and this morning he declared that he did not want to go.  Okay, I thought, how do I get around this one? 

So I just suggested that he put his coat on and we would go for a drive and try to find something fun to do. (He looked at me skeptically.) 

We start driving towards school and Zach says nothing.  As we turn onto the street where his school is, I suggest we start looking for some place fun to go. (He graces me with a small smirk.) 

I start pointing to houses and ask if that one looks like any fun. (He cuts his eyes at me.) 

Then I say, "Whoa! Wait a minute (as his school comes into view).  This place looks like fun.  Look there is a school bus!  And a playground!  And lots of kids to play with!  Why don't we try this place for something fun to do?" 

Zach (with his telltale smirk) says in a perfectly dry delivery, "This place looks an awful lot like my school."

No comments: