Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another boy!

It seems that we are destined to be the parents of three boys!  This week at my 19 week ultrasound we were told to expect another brother.  Of course we are grateful to have a healthy child and I appreciate that we haven't had the heartache that many families go through with trying to conceive, but I confess to being disappointed that our family will not include a daughter.  It is actually surprising that I would feel this way because I think my personality is much more suited to boys.  I really have nothing of girliness or great crafty skills to pass on and enjoy with a daughter (as evidenced by my great cake-making abilities).  I have always gotten along better with boys and I have very little patience for the drama of teenage girls.  So....what is my problem??  I don't know.  I think that while I will not miss having a 'girl', I will miss the bond of not having had a daughter.

Instead, we will anxiously await the birth of a beautiful boy and the perfect fulfillment of our family!

No comments: