Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Eli sayings

Eli has been a little slower to speak than most children.  He really only said the word "no" consistently up until this past summer.  But August brought about a rapid development in his speech and he went from hardly talking to speaking in full sentences.  I have shared with you some of the amusing things that Zach has said and now it is Eli's turn.

1.  Apple Soup:
He likes to jump on our bed (yes, I let the boys jump on the beds, I figure it's better than the couch).  When he jumps up with two feet and lands on his bottom he says, "Apple (while jumping) Soup (when landing)".  No idea where this came from but we have to watch him 'apple soup' every time.

2.  Whoopsy-weasel:
When he falls down or does something clumsy he says, "Whoopsy-weasel".  (Again, this was own expression not initiated by us.)

3.  Pats:
Pacifiers are "pats".  He started off abbreviating pacifier but even now that he can say the full word he still prefers "pats".

4. Lights on:
The other night when I was changing Eli I took his pants off and flipped them over his face.  He said, "Hey!  Who turned the lights on?"

5.  King Tiger:

The other day Eli kept following me around asking to watch "King Tiger".  After he got very frustrated with me I figured out he meant "The Lion King".

No comments: