Monday, October 12, 2009

Pemberton Park


In case we weren't struggling enough trying to adjust to life as a family of four, Steve came down with the flu Friday night! (a nurse friend told us that he has had the swine flu because the regular flu is not "out" yet?!?--just great!!) I had looked forward all week to Steve being home for the weekend to help keep everyone 'in play'...but instead I had to banish him to the guest room and told him not to come out until he was fever-free. Of course we shifted into huge efforts for clean hands (with a toddler--an impossible task) and I tried not to be nervous about my two week old baby contracting the flu... Somehow we managed to scrape through the weekend with me only occasionally knocking on the quarantined room asking if he was "better yet?". (I should also mention that a healthy Steve emerged from the sick room yesterday and went to work today!)

Zach has been "asking" for more attention lately, which is hardly surprising since mommy's arms are always full of Elijah. (His "asking" usually involves him unrolling the toilet paper, dumping all of his toys out, emptying baskets of laundry, or smearing yogurt all over the table.) So yesterday I decided to drag myself, Elijah and Zach to the park for a walk, thankfully my sister was also able to come and help me juggle everyone. At one point, unprompted, Zach looked up at me and said, "We're having fun!" It broke my heart and I resolved to try and give him more positive, undivided attention...we'll see how long my good intentions last.

No comments: