Friday, December 26, 2008

The day after...

It is very difficult to make the day after Christmas special for a little two-year-old boy! (Which is why we really celebrate in June) However, I am unable to completely ignore the fact that it is his birthday. With so much involved in getting ready for Christmas I didn't think of making Zach a cake until the morning of his birthday! We were scheduled to go celebrate Christmas at my grandmother's house for brunch and the afternoon, so at 9am I decided to make a applesauce spice cake for the big day! Unfortunately I rushed to release the cake from the bundt pan so when I turned it out onto the cooling rack the entire thing crumbled. In an attempt to rescue the messy but delicious cake I dumped the 'crumbles' onto a pie plate and covered it in brown butter frosting...only there wasn't enough frosting. The result to my last minute effort was very pathetic, a ugly ex-bundt applesauce spice cake with frosting (please enjoy the photo), Zach thought it was wonderful!







1 comment:

Angela said...

What a great mama to make it all still happen! :) happy Birthday, Zach!