Part of my motivation in maintaining a blog is so that I can remember little stories and events from Zach's growing up. With that said please bear with me as I share and brag about new Zach moments...
At the beginning of December, Zach became very interested in the alphabet. (Anyone who has spent any time with Zach recently knows that he is on a continual ABC loop, this includes going through the grocery store, waiting at the doctor's office and coming out from a sound sleep!) It started out that he would recite them verbally while rapidly opening and closing his hand (his attempt at signing his ABCs). Then he began singing and signing a different version of the alphabet that he got off his "Signing Time" video. That version gives the letter and then a few words that begin with the letter. (It is so adorable when he signs the various words for each letter, of course I speak as his mother) All of these 'tricks' have been fun to watch develop but I began to realize he was doing more than just memorizing a cute song when, at the library in the middle of December, he held up a magnetic letter and said, "M"! I stood there in dumb shock looking at him, doubting what he had actually said until a mother next to me asked, "Did he just say 'm'?!?" Since then Zach points to letters in books and on signs and then identifies them. He has started to ask, "what's this?" for the ones he doesn't know. I have no idea why Zach has a sudden interest and apparently a sudden knowledge of the ABCs but I am enjoying watching it all develop. (plus I encourage him to sing the song because it really is so cute!)
At the beginning of December, Zach became very interested in the alphabet. (Anyone who has spent any time with Zach recently knows that he is on a continual ABC loop, this includes going through the grocery store, waiting at the doctor's office and coming out from a sound sleep!) It started out that he would recite them verbally while rapidly opening and closing his hand (his attempt at signing his ABCs). Then he began singing and signing a different version of the alphabet that he got off his "Signing Time" video. That version gives the letter and then a few words that begin with the letter. (It is so adorable when he signs the various words for each letter, of course I speak as his mother) All of these 'tricks' have been fun to watch develop but I began to realize he was doing more than just memorizing a cute song when, at the library in the middle of December, he held up a magnetic letter and said, "M"! I stood there in dumb shock looking at him, doubting what he had actually said until a mother next to me asked, "Did he just say 'm'?!?" Since then Zach points to letters in books and on signs and then identifies them. He has started to ask, "what's this?" for the ones he doesn't know. I have no idea why Zach has a sudden interest and apparently a sudden knowledge of the ABCs but I am enjoying watching it all develop. (plus I encourage him to sing the song because it really is so cute!)
No comments:
Post a Comment