Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What's this?

About two weeks ago while Zach was looking at a book he pointed to a picture, said "wat-zis?" and then proceeded to answer his own question. He flipped through the entire book pointing, asking and answering at each picture. Steve and I have no idea what prompted this new question (it is not an expression that we have used with him) but it has quickly become a central part of our day. Zach walks around pointing at things saying, "wat-zis, wat-zis" and then waits just long enough to see if you attempt a response before he points to something different. Mostly he seems to just be enjoying asking the question and watching me fumble for an answer, but occasionally he seems to genuinely want to know. For example, at dinner recently as Zach was finishing a bowl of spaghetti he looked at me, pointed to his bowl and said, "wat-zis?". I gave him the word and sign-- the quizzical expression left his face and he finished eating, apparently satisfied. I'm sure there is a lot of learning going on in his little mind with all these questions I'm just not sure if he is increasing his vocabulary or learning how powerful he is as his mother jumps through yet another hoop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gmjgnWay to go, Zach! That question will eventually lead you to the fullness of the Lord! God loves a hungry mind. It all starts with spaghetti but it ends with the Bread of Life! Can't wait to see you in a few hours!