We took a trip to Rhode Island to visit Steve's family a few weeks ago. I hardly saw Zach the whole time we were there because he was off playing with his older cousins. He enjoyed being entertained by them and especially enjoyed sharing their snacks (Steve found him eating brown sugar by the spoonful from a bowl his cousins had finished with--ugh!). While there, Grand-D titled the facial expression Zach makes when he is trying not to smile as his "Cosby look". It is a rather amusing look as he cuts his eyes up at you and turns his lips into an "O" with a smirk just visible in the corners of his cheeks and eyes. Really much more enjoyable to see than to read about I promise.
Last week a visit to a pumpkin patch (really a pumpkin stand but 'patch' sounds more exciting) introduced another word to Zach's vocabulary..."pum-kin". We all enjoyed wandering through the rows of pumpkins and mums on a day that finally felt like fall. Steve and I both really miss New England's fall-nothing else can compare. We mostly try to pretend that it's fall here by surrounding ourselves with fall activities-although I have noticed some fall foliage recently so perhaps there's hope.
1 comment:
Marcia- I came across your blog address in an old email as I cleaned out my box- so sad that we have talked so little in the past year 1/2, so delightful to see how much Zach has grown, and how much you are reveling in being a mom! I miss you friend! I will check this blog often...
Ang
Post a Comment