These are some recent Eli expressions….plenty of personality here!
In our family we have some words that I call 'bathroom' words. They are not to be used during every day family life and certainly not at the table, or in the car, or especially in polite company. (Ladies, if you are having trouble thinking what words I might be referring to, just ask a male of any age that is nearby. I feel certain they can name 4-5 of them without batting an eye.) During the course of a day I may overhear these words and I have to remind the boys that I don't want to hear them because they are bathroom words.
Well, this week after a bath the older boys were huddled in their towels just outside the tub, I was busy cleaning up the tub and getting Marcus dried off when I heard Eli say a 'bathroom' word. I automatically said, "Eli, I don't want to hear those words." There was silence and then under his breath he said, "We're in the bathroom."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A fews weeks ago when the Red Sox were playing Detroit, Steve overheard Eli offer the Tigers a trade.
Eli: "Hey Tigers! How about we take Verlander and you take Dempster 'cuz he's crushy (which means lousy in Miller-speak)."
No comments:
Post a Comment