Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Squeaky clean


Forgive me.  This is gross.  You don't have to read any further....


Marcus is very mobile.  I have to keep the half bath door closed when he is 'loose' in the house because he loves to stand up at the toilet.  Today, I heard him crawling in that direction but it didn't really register right away.  A few seconds later I realized where he was headed and thought I should check to make sure the door was closed.

Jumping up and running in there, I discovered that it wasn't... and that he was already standing up with his hands on the toilet seat.  AND, if that wasn't bad enough! he had a wet wad of toilet paper in his hands (yes, that's right!...  The last 'person' hadn't flushed-thankfully it was urine only, but still... eww!)  At this point, since everything immediately goes in his mouth, I can only assume that the urine soaked wad has already been there -- double eww.

So, I pick him up scraping his hand free of toilet paper.  Then I bring him to the sink, turn the water on and squirt soap onto his hand.  During the one second that I let go of his hands to check the water temp, he puts his soapy hand in his mouth, thus solving the dilemma of how to clean out his mouth.  It wouldn't have been the method I'd have chosen, but as I rinsed the bubbles out of his mouth, I figured it was probably pretty effective!


No comments: