Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"No, I'll be 6!"

Throughout this past summer, whenever we mentioned that Eli was turning 3 in September, he would jump in and correct us that he was turning 6.  He has stuck with it most fiercely until just recently when he allowed that he would turn 3 then 5 THEN 6.

Well, last week he did, in fact, turn 3 (or 5 or 6 depending on who you ask).  I was even able to plan and execute a mostly-cool cake!!  (I think I finally struck a nice balance and hit a skill level that was 'just right'-which means I used props to make my cake look good.)   Steve was on call to pick up a back-up-cake if mine failed.  Amazingly it wasn't needed and Eli loved his train cake!

He had a fun birthday and enjoyed opening many train items, plus an excavator, small piano, tambourine and books.
Happy (shhhh) 3rd Birthday, Eli!





Let's take a moment and be amazed at my skills! :)




No comments: