Thursday, November 18, 2010

Soccer

Zach played soccer this year for the county and Steve was his coach!  This is not a sport that we have played much of at our house and Zach was definitely not a dominant player....  The first day he ran around behind the group looking over at me and smiling a largest smile I have ever seen.  As the weeks progressed he started to understand the concepts more and by the last two weeks he even scored 2 goals!!!!  We went into this sport just wanting Zach to have fun and run around with other kids but I was a little disappointed in myself with how inordinately pleased I was to see him score!

Scoring a goal during practice.

This was the little mob that followed Steve around!

Waiting his turn for 'coach' to call him back in the game!

This was one of Zach's breakaway goals!

No comments: