This week Zach put a clever a spin on playing pretend and I was the naive mommy who fell for it! Let me explain...
One day I was trying to finish reading a book during one of Eli's brief naps. Zach was playing on the floor with his trucks and he kept asking me if I wanted to play trucks with him. I was repeatedly saying that, "No, I didn't want to play trucks right now I wanted to read my book." (I know, I'm a terrible mommy!) After a while he came up to me and said, "Mommy you be Zachary and I'll be mommy." (This is a frequent 'pretend' game in our house.) I was feeling badly for ignoring him so I agreed. He picked up my book and sat reading it and I sat on the floor with his trucks. I got into character and said, "Mommy will you play trucks with me?" to which he respond, "Sure! I'd love to play trucks with you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment