Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Miscellaneous Bits

Like most of you, this month has been very busy with Christmas preparations! I love this time of year and I'm more excited about giving Zach his gifts than he is to receive them. We have done some decorating, shopping and baking and then at night I've been attempting to sew Zach a card table fort! This is my first solo attempt at sewing anything since I usually attach myself to someone talented and let them tell me what to do, but I thought since I couldn't buy a fort that I liked I would try making one. So far I'm really pleased with how it is turning out, the miracle will be if it actually fits on the card table (and yes I did measure first but that is still no guarantee).

So far Elijah has kept his bright blue eyes and I'm beginning to hope that perhaps they will stay blue or green...they could, right? He continues to eagerly accept all the meals offered to him and he is outgrowing clothes and gaining weight rapidly! I don't know exactly how much he weighs but he no longer fits in his 3-6 month sleepers or his size 2 diapers so I think he's pushing 16 pounds! Who would have thought that Steve and I would have a chunky blue-eyed baby?!?

No comments: