Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More baseball

One of the reasons that Zach plays so much baseball is because that is exactly what his daddy likes to do in the backyard. Steve has had an easy time investing a lot into this activity because Zach has preferred to be all-time pitcher and Steve prefers to be all-time hitter (a mutually pleasing deal for both boys). Monday night that all changed because for the first time Zach began hitting a pitched ball! Up until now he has mostly held his bat still and it was up to the pitcher to hit his bat. I'm not exactly sure what made the overnight change but last night he was tracking the ball and swinging AND making contact! Zach took this new combination of skill in stride as if he always expected to hit the ball but Steve and I were shocked and delighted (except for a brief moment when Steve realized that he was now going to be all-time pitcher) and obviously I had to run and get the video camera! I thought I would share this BIG moment with all of you and coincide it with my first attempt to put a video on the blog. (Unfortunately I could not get the video to upload onto the blog so you will have to just enjoy this new skill with your imagination-sorry! If anyone can help me upload videos, let me know!)

No comments: