Saturday, June 27, 2009

Birthday celebrations!












Yesterday we celebrated Zach's birthday! Steve and I gave Zach his presents in the morning, which consisted mostly of new trucks (the big excavator has been a huge hit) and then he happily spent the morning playing with his new trucks in various places throughout the house.

Later in the day Zach and I met a few friends at the zoo for a picnic lunch and a chance to see the animals. (Mama is starting to "feel" pregnant because the heat and walking through the zoo made me desperate for the nap that Zach and I shared afterward.) Then during more truck play, I attempted to decorate a cake for our family celebration that night. I was pleased with how it turned out and Zach loved seeing two of his favorite things come together... trucks and cake!! (Anyone with a critique of my cake can look at the apple spice cake I made at Christmas and see how far I've come.)

Somehow, despite all of the sugar, Zach managed to fall asleep and probably dreamt of more trucks.

No comments: