Saturday, January 31, 2009

Snow

This past week it snowed!!! We received an entire inch that stayed on the ground for almost 24 hours before melting. I thought it would be a great afternoon activity for Zach and I to go and explore in our backyard... once we were all bundled up and outside a very sad little boy reluctantly came out with me for our fun adventure! Things looked bleak initially but I persevered and Zach finally decided that he wanted to swing. (No snowmen, snowballs or making footsteps through the snow.) Once on the swing things improved but he kept asking for his glasses. (He never wears sunglasses but I have them in the car and attempt to protect his eyes during the summer months.) Well he asked for them and I said that we weren't getting his glasses, assuming he was just trying out a new request that struck his fancy. Then he asked again, and again, and again! Finally I got the message!! Zach wanted his sunglasses! (I know brilliant, right?!?) So into the house I went to get the keys, back out to the car to get the glasses, and back to swing to give them to Zach--he then swung very happily in full snowgear and sunglasses for some time before we returned to the less dramatic indoors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Zach! You couldn't expect your mom to understand that theuncomfortably bright light source was interfering with your visual perception. True, your eyes may have adapted in time, but glasses were the perfect solution for the high luminance you experienced in the snowy,visual environment. Your mom could not possibly have known that your veiling reflection was reducing your visibility and could not satisfy your need to swing with pleasure. Be patient with her.

Love,

Grand-D